Russia

Simple Minded

Re: Russia

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote: It occurs to me that when it concerns issues within the USA you are as sharp as a razor blade. Outside... spin and fog take over. :P Americans... :|
:lol:

Parodite,

I love your sense of humor.

"Us and them"..... or "Them and us" ;)

"We" can't escape "it." :D

I prefer a rose colored (COLORED?.... RACIST!) fog myself.

Endo prefers the color of German boots.

Greeks like the Euro colored version.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

SM bro! Indeed.. we can't get rid of us.. or them.. not even you! :P
I believe the Gods have assigned us with being a me that is not you.. and consequently with an amount of us and them. Don't fight it! Lest the philosophical fogs will swallow and digest you. :shock:

Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Interesting theory with decent sourcing. The author posits the kernel US objective is to prevent a German/Russian connection.

http://www.stankovuniversallaw.com/2015 ... ggression/
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Interesting theory with decent sourcing. The author posits the kernel US objective is to prevent a German/Russian connection.

Interesting, will give a good read. However...
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Parodite wrote: Nonc.. the BUK theory is not a conspiracy, it is just a good candidate under investigation.
No, it's a conspiracy theory. A good candidate under investigation would have a motive. Cui bono?
It's a good "candidate" as for the projectile that downed the airplane. Who launched it and if they had a motive, maybe it was an accident, is the next chapter.
Veteran Pilot Has 'No Doubt' MH17 Was Shot Down by Ukrainian Fighter
20:16 20.03.2015(updated 20:24 20.03.2015)

A veteran commercial airlines pilot with over thirty years flight experience says that the wreckage of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 clearly shows that the plane was shot down by a Ukrainian fighter jet.

Peter Haisenko, a veteran pilot for Germany's Lufthansa Airlines, told Sputnik Friday that evidence on the wreckage of the MH17 clearly indicates that the plane was shot down by a Ukrainian fighter jet.

"Wreckage from the plane clearly shows that the plane was shot at by a fighter jet in the air. This is an undisputable fact," Haisenko noted. "We have photos of the aircraft, showing evidence that it was fired upon [from the air]. The aircraft's remains, the majority of which have now been collected in the Netherlands, do not bear any traces of having been fired upon by the Buk missile system. This is sufficient evidence to form a clear conclusion."

The veteran pilot noted that "moreover, the remains of an R-60M air-to-air rocket have been found alongside the remains of the aircraft. This confirms that the course of events is exactly as I have described them: the [aircraft-launched] missile hit one of the airliner's engines, and after it failed to fall out of the sky, the cockpit was fired upon directly."

Haisenko noted that the plane's pilots were targeted specifically, stating that "like hunters finishing off a wounded animal, the plane, whose engine had already been hit, was finished off."

Responding to Haisenko's theory about a shoot down by an attack aircraft, specifically the Su 25 fighter jet, German media have recently reported that the attack aircraft could not have shot down the plane, due to its altitude limit of 7,000 meters, while MH17 was flying at an altitude of 10,000 meters.

"The assertion that the Su25 cannot fly to a height of 10 km is just nonsense," Haisenko noted. "This plane has repeatedly proven to be capable of flying at an altitude of 12 km, with a maximum altitude of 14,000 meters. The only issue for the aircraft at this height is the pilot's oxygen supply. Above 7,000 meters, it is restricted. Consequently, the normal operating altitude of the aircraft is 7,000 meters. If the pilot has a regular supply of oxygen, it is not a problem to climb higher, and at this height he could shoot."

In Haisenko's words, the version of the German media, which had reverted to the Buk hypothesis, "was based on the oldest information," much of it grounded on pure speculation.

Noting the importance of finding out the truth about what happened to the plane, Haisenko stated that Europe and the United States have based their sanctions policy and an aggressive media campaign against Russia on a theory backed up by "zero evidence." The veteran pilot noted that "as soon as they have to admit that the aircraft was shot down by a Ukrainian fighter jet, all the sanctions against Russia must be canceled, and immediately! It should have happened a long time ago already."

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, crashed July 17, 2014 in the eastern Ukrainian region of Donetsk, killing all 298 people on board. Western officials and much of the media were quick to blame eastern Ukrainian militia opposed to Kiev, as well as Russia, which has been accused of backing the rebels. Donbas militia and Russian officials have repeatedly denied the charges, citing lack of evidence. An investigation report into the MH17 tragedy is expected to be published by the Dutch Safety Board later this year.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150320/1019794720.html
Now you can start guessing why the report is not published... Is the German pilot quoted a credible expert? Maybe not, but this same theory has been presented by other, more credible analysts, with aeronautics engineering background. So that's at least consider the possibility that this was the way it happened.
Parodite

Fogwits abound

Post by Parodite »

Parodite wrote:
Nonc Hilaire wrote:Interesting theory with decent sourcing. The author posits the kernel US objective is to prevent a German/Russian connection.

Nonc.. I read through it and watched the Stratfor video with Friedman. I'm sorry, but both Georgi Stankov and George Friedman are totally fogged nitwits, each in their own unique way.

First of and most importantly Stankov makes an idiotic claim that Friedman wants the USA make sure Germany and the USSR are enough at each others throat so that the USA is better of. Nowhere Friedman expressed such a view.

Second, the other fogwit Friedman himself is half right and half wrong throughout the entire video. He is right why the EURO zone doesn't work which is simple and discussed here on this forum endlessly. But his traumatized view on the European continent as a Hungarian Jew and the fact he lived all his life in the US of Foggistan... prevents him to see things as they are today and in actuality.

I also think he is wrong that German export of 50% of GDP bad for others: German imports only trail behind their export numbers slightly over the years and are in a stable ratio.

He also allows his personal fears for Germany and Russia pervade his thinking.. and exaggerates totally, as many people do, the "imperial powers" of the USA. The USA is an economic superpower but hardly a military one... because wars cannot be fought or won anymore in the old fashioned style.

He reminds me of David Goldman, still looking at the world fearfully paranoid. Sort of long term PTS effect.. which makes the victim with PTS "adopt" the style of thinking of his former abuser/rapist/killer. He can only look at the world of geo-politics exactly the way psychopathic power gamers looks at the world. I think Stankov kinda senses this.. but then himself falls in the same trap of a paranoid and psychopathic mindset; "It takes one to know one". The worst thing to do if you want to defeat a psychopath.. is to be so afraid that you start playing the same psycho game. Stankov and Friedman just both tumbled down the mountain.
Last edited by Parodite on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:Now you can start guessing why the report is not published... Is the German pilot quoted a credible expert? Maybe not, but this same theory has been presented by other, more credible analysts, with aeronautics engineering background. So that's at least consider the possibility that this was the way it happened.
End this year the final report will come out. I'm sure our discussions will be more factual and interesting after that.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:SM bro! Indeed.. we can't get rid of us.. or them.. not even you! :P
I believe the Gods have assigned us with being a me that is not you.. and consequently with an amount of us and them. Don't fight it! Lest the philosophical fogs will swallow and digest you. :shock:

I not only bow to the inevitable, I am fortified by it!
Simple Minded

Re: Fogwits abound

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:
Parodite wrote:

Nonc.. I read through it and watched the Stratfor video with Friedman. I'm sorry, but both Georgi Stankov and George Friedman are totally fogged nitwits, each in their own unique way.

First of and most importantly Stankov makes an idiotic claim that Friedman wants the USA make sure Germany and the USSR are enough at each others throat so that the USA is better of. Nowhere Friedman expressed such a view.

Second, the other fogwit Friedman himself is half right and half wrong throughout the entire video. He is right why the EURO zone doesn't work which is simple and discussed here on this forum endlessly. But his traumatized view on the European continent as a Hungarian Jew and the fact he lived all his life in the US of Foggistan... prevents him to see things as they are today and in actuality.

I also think he is wrong that German export of 50% of GDP bad for others: German imports only trail behind their export numbers slightly over the years and are in a stable ratio.

He also allows his personal fears for Germany and Russia pervade his thinking.. and exaggerates totally, as many people do, the "imperial powers" of the USA. The USA is an economic superpower but hardly a military one... because wars cannot be fought or won anymore in the old fashioned style.

He reminds me of David Goldman, still looking at the world fearfully paranoid. Sort of long term PTS effect.. which makes the victim with PTS "adopt" the style of thinking of his former abuser/rapist/killer. He can only look at the world of geo-politics exactly the way psychopathic power gamers looks at the world. I think Stankov kinda senses this.. but then himself falls in the same trap of a paranoid and psychopathic mindset; "It takes one to know one". The worst thing to do if you want to defeat a psychopath.. is to be so afraid that you start playing the same psycho game. Stankov and Friedman just both tumbled down the mountain.
Good points. But ya gotta admit, when he was talking about reptilians and the CFR controlling everything, he was right on the money!

Good to know no society has a monopoly on paranoid Nostradamusi.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Putin, maybe only temporarily, has succeeded in doing what nobody else has succeeded, anywhere in the world: keeping his Muslims under a relative control. There is a price to pay for such a control, but the alternative would very probably be genocide in Chechnya. Maybe eventually Muslims in Chechnya and in Russia as a whole may become as calm as Muslims in Bosnia or Bulgaria, but for the time being Putin's policies may be the only ones possible. I wonder which Western politicians would be nearly as successful if faced with a similar problem.
noddy

Post by noddy »

ive been reading that putins chechnyan solution is fairly nasty and akin to the police states of old eastern europe, with rampant paranoia .

id hope it wasnt a requirement of muslim immigration and a solution to be emulated.

if it is, then id rather civil war and/or succession.
ultracrepidarian
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Forbes: Crimeans prefer living in Russia than in Ukraine

NEW YORK, March 22. /TASS/. Crimea’s residents prefer being part of Russia than of Ukraine, the U.S. magazine Forbes published results of a number of opinion polls carried out by Western research organisations,

One year after the peninsula in the Black Sea acceded Russia, Forbes said "poll after poll shows that the locals there - be they Ukrainians, ethnic Russians or Tartars are all in agreement: life with Russia is better than life with Ukraine."

"Despite huge efforts on the part of Kiev, Brussels, Washington and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, the bulk of humanity living on the Black Sea peninsula believe the referendum to secede from Ukraine was legit," the magazine says.

In confirmation, Forbes cited the results of two opinion polls. In June 2014 the U.S. Gallup opinion poll organisation said that 83% of Crimea’s residents believed that the referendum on reunification with Russia reflected the views of the people.

In February 2015 the German marketing company GfK revealed that the Crimeans did not changed their attitudes: 82% of the population are for reunification with Russia.

"With two studies out of the way, both Western-based, it seems without question that the vast majority of Crimeans do not feel they were duped into voting, and that life with Russia will be better for them and their families than life with Ukraine," the magazine said adding that majority of the peninsula residents are ethnic Russians.

http://tass.ru/en/world/784220
I suppose that by now only our East Asian will think differently. But sanctions against Russia continue with the argument that Crimea's joining Russia is illegitimate.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endo.. of course any referendum is legitimate (assume it was done fair). That doesn't mean that following such a referendum people should take up arms and use violence to split off, let alone another country should come in and annex it? How can you so easily skip that part? The next step should have been national dialogue.. without hurry.. then a national referendum..then maybe taking some more time. Russia and the Ukrainian separatist just took up arms. They set the country on fire. But this was Putin's goal all along. Eat it.
Parodite

Re: Fogwits abound

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote:Good points. But ya gotta admit, when he was talking about reptilians and the CFR controlling everything, he was right on the money!
You must be kidding? ;) Stankov is a peculiar fellow. He thinks he is kinda Messiah who solved all scientific and spiritual riddles:
In this particular case, the reader profits from the deep and vast knowledge of the author in bio-science and medicine, especially with regard to the bio-regulation of the human organism. This information is substantiated by the personal, unique experience of the author, who is in the most advanced stage of the LBP, which any human being can achieve on this planet. This fact qualifies him to be among the first, if not the first, human beings, who will transform their physical bodies this year to crystalline light bodies and will appear as Ascended Masters in front of humanity in order to promote the LBP and Ascension to many people by personal example.

http://www.stankovuniversallaw.com/gnos ... illennium/
He is nuts.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:Endo.. of course any referendum is legitimate (assume it was done fair). That doesn't mean that following such a referendum people should take up arms and use violence to split off, let alone another country should come in and annex it? How can you so easily skip that part? The next step should have been national dialogue.. without hurry.. then a national referendum..then maybe taking some more time. Russia and the Ukrainian separatist just took up arms. They set the country on fire. But this was Putin's goal all along. Eat it.
Extraordinary! Crimeans decided - in a fair referendum - to rejoin Russia. What national dialogue are you talking about? What national referendum? A referendum to allow Ukrainians to decide the fate of Crimeans? What is the meaning for you of the prefix "self" in self-determination? Let's suppose that the Flemish wanted to join the Netherlands and expressed their wish through a local referendum. Should their decision be subject to a referendum involving Walloons? Should the will of the Flemish people be subject to permission by the Walloons?...
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico wrote:
Parodite wrote:Endo.. of course any referendum is legitimate (assume it was done fair). That doesn't mean that following such a referendum people should take up arms and use violence to split off, let alone another country should come in and annex it? How can you so easily skip that part? The next step should have been national dialogue.. without hurry.. then a national referendum..then maybe taking some more time. Russia and the Ukrainian separatist just took up arms. They set the country on fire. But this was Putin's goal all along. Eat it.
Extraordinary! Crimeans decided - in a fair referendum - to rejoin Russia. What national dialogue are you talking about? What national referendum? A referendum to allow Ukrainians to decide the fate of Crimeans? What is the meaning for you of the prefix "self" in self-determination? Let's suppose that the Flemish wanted to join the Netherlands and expressed their wish through a local referendum. Should their decision be subject to a referendum involving Walloons? Should the will of the Flemish people be subject to permission by the Walloons?...
Yep.. as you say. Everything should be done to reach a national consensus via dialogue, local and national referenda. It must be tried. Why? Because if you reach a consensus the divorce is painless and the chance is very big that they will be peaceful neighbors in the future. That chance has been destroyed by Russia and the Ukrainian Novorysia baboons who thought that taking up arms was a much smarter idea. See the results.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Thank the Sanctions: West Admits That Russia Copes, Keeps Walking. Fast
14:21 22.03.2015(updated 14:37 22.03.2015)

West has admitted that the sanctions card has not paid off and investors once again favor Russia; Bloomberg has issued a positive analysis and forecast for Moscow following the announcements of Russia’s finance minister.

Following the announcements of Russia’s Finance Minister Anton Siluanov that Russia’s ruble has found its balance as it no longer reacts to falling oil prices or foreign debt payments, Bloomberg has come up with the same forecast.

The agency admitted that the swings in the ruble’s value, which became the world's most volatile currency last year, have narrowed in 2015, “more than any of the other 30 most-traded currencies.”

The Bloomberg Russia Local Sovereign Bond Index has measured that investors in Russian government securities denominated in rubles have earned the equivalent of 7 cents on the dollar so far this year.

In contrast, anyone holding similar government debt in emerging markets across-the-board has lost 1.1 percent in 2015, it said.

Russia's corporate bondholders are also in the black; they've had a 7.3 percent total return in 2015.

“And while shareholders in the global emerging market stocks measured by the MSCI Emerging Market Index gained 1.7 percent this year, the 50 Russian stocks in the Micex index are up 11.9 percent — better than the Standard & Poor's 500 or any other North American market.”

On Thursday the finance minister told the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs’ Congress that the Russian economy has passed its lowest point at the end of 2014 and is now stabilizing.

Bloomberg confirmed that Russian companies represented in the Micex index are more profitable, when measured by Ebitda margins (earnings before taxes, depreciation and amortization) than the rest of the companies included in the global MSCI Emerging Market Index.

A number of Russian companies are outperforming their global peers, it said.

“One possible reason for the growth?” Bloomberg questioned. His answer was simple: sanctions.

“With foreign goods unavailable, Russians had to choose homegrown products and services.”

http://sputniknews.com/world/20150322/1019849086.html
Another proof of the EU leaders' intelligence...
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Quoting a Russian agitprop site about sanctions is like asking one's barber if one needs a haircut.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Not that one needs more evidence that the psychopaths are in charge in Russia:

FT | Russia delivers nuclear warning to Denmark
Russia has threatened Denmark with a nuclear strike if it takes part in Nato’s missile shield, in some of the most incendiary comments yet directed at a member of the military alliance.

Russia’s ambassador to Denmark wrote in a newspaper opinion piece that the Nordic country had not fully understood the consequences of signing up to the Nato missile defence programme.
Of course, as they have no other leverage, the only threat that Russia has left is their Soviet-era nuclear weapons.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Quoting a Russian agitprop site...
The source of the article was Bloomberg, but our East Asian is too lazy to check before he regurgitates his crude anti-Russia propaganda... :roll:
Russia Rebounds, Despite Sanctions
By Matthew A. Winkler

Sanctions meant to punish Russia for snatching Crimea from Ukraine one year ago were supposed to hurt Russian business. And they did. Russian stocks, bonds and commodities had the worst performance in 2014 of those in any emerging market.

That was then. Now the picture is changing, with investors starting to favor Russia in 2015. The ruble, which became the world's most volatile currency last year after President Vladimir Putin's land grab, is stabilizing. The swings in its value narrowed this year more than any of the other 30 most-traded currencies.

Investors in Russian government securities denominated in rubles have earned the equivalent of 7 cents on the dollar so far this year, as measured by the Bloomberg Russia Local Sovereign Bond Index. In contrast, anyone holding similar government debt in emerging markets across-the-board has lost 1.1 percent in 2015.

The picture is even rosier for Russia's corporate bondholders; they've had a 7.3 percent total return in 2015, leading the gains in the index for emerging market corporate bonds compiled by Bloomberg. And while shareholders in the global emerging market stocks measured by the MSCI Emerging Market Index gained 1.7 percent this year, the 50 Russian stocks in the Micex index are up 11.9 percent -- better than the Standard & Poor's 500 or any other North American market.

The ruble's relative value helps explain why there are some signs of confidence in Russia. Although the ruble remains the most volatile of the 31 most-traded currencies this year, its swings are narrowing. This is visible in implied volatility, a measure of traders' bets on how much the currency's value will change day-to-day. After surging in late 2014 amid the widening Ukraine crisis, the ruble now is fluctuating the way it did in 2009.

Business also appears to be on the rebound. Some 78 percent of the Russian companies in the Micex index showed greater annual sales growth than their global peers, even though the shares of these Russian companies lagged behind their international competitors, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That's consistent with a two-year improvement in the relative value of Russian companies.

One possible reason for the growth? Sanctions. With foreign goods unavailable, Russians had to choose homegrown products and services.

For all the disruption caused by the sanctions, Russian companies represented in the Micex index are more profitable measured by Ebitda margins (earnings before taxes, depreciation and amortization) than the rest of the companies included in the global MSCI Emerging Market Index.

A number of Russian companies are outperforming their global peers. Magnit PJSC, which operates a chain of discount supermarkets with a market capitalization of $16 billion, is one worth noting. The retailer's one-year revenue growth was 31.66 percent, overwhelming the 0.87 percent increase in sales from its global competitors. Novatek OAO, a $22.8 billion independent producer of natural gas in western Siberia, is another. The company saw its sales increase 19.5 percent, compared with 0.76 percent from its global sector. And then there's Rosneft, a $41 billion international brand with production in western Siberia, Sakhalin, the North Caucasus and the Arctic, which reported an 18.26 percent annual sales growth when its international competitors disclosed a revenue increase of just 0.76 percent. By any conventional measure, the shares of these companies are cheap.

Are global investors optimistic about corporate Russia's continued resilience? It seems so. The shares outstanding of the largest U.S.-based exchange traded fund tracking Russian companies -- more than 90 percent of the companies in the ETF are Russian -- surged 5 percent so far this year. At the same time, an ETF that's a proxy for money flows into and out of Russian equity shows a 27 percent increase. Putin's Ukraine adventure has led to instability in the region and frayed relations with the West; what it hasn't destroyed is confidence in corporate Russia.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2 ... -sanctions
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

oqf_fMrd-EU

David Satter is senior fellow, Hudson Institute, and fellow, Foreign Policy Institute of Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. He was Moscow correspondent for the Financial Times from 1976 to 1982, then a special correspondent on Soviet affairs for the Wall Street Journal.

Books by David Satter:

Darkness at Dawn
The Rise of the Russian Criminal State

Age of Delirium
The Decline and Fall of the Soviet Union

It Was a Long Time Ago, and It Never Happened Anyway
Russia and the Communist Past
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Parodite wrote:Image

Damn. I thought a nuclear cowboy would look more Merikan.......
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Parodite wrote:David Satter is senior fellow, Hudson Institute, and fellow, Foreign Policy Institute of Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. He was Moscow correspondent for the Financial Times from 1976 to 1982, then a special correspondent on Soviet affairs for the Wall Street Journal.
I know David Satter's opinions on Russia and I wouldn't waste 90 minutes of my time hearing all about it once more... Facts are more important than opinions, and all David Satter has to offer are his very subjective opinions. I prefer reading about actual facts and events concerning the present Ukraine crisis, and draw my own conclusions.