Climate change and other predictions of Imminent Doom

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Typhoon

Re: Climate and the Anthropogenic Global Warming Controversy

Post by Typhoon »

Dr. Roy Spencer - USAToday | Hurricane Florence is not climate change or global warning. It's just the weather.
Hurricane Florence is not the result of global warming. It's likely due to natural weather patterns, not climate change as some have already said.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The moron bug bites again. Recreational jet pilot attacks carbon emissions.

elWauyLExK0
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Dr. Curry | 1.5 degrees C
The IPCC Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5C is now published.
A.k.a. the moving the goalpost exercise.

The MSM has been even more histrionic than usual in its misreporting.
Ammianus

Post by Ammianus »

More gloom and doom for insects under climate change:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/ ... sect-loss/

Hopefully there's a random blog out there that will quickly act to correct that record and tear down the study for overestimating dead bugs in Puerto Rico.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Ammianus wrote:More gloom and doom for insects under climate change:

Hopefully there's a random blog out there that will quickly act to correct that record and tear down the study for overestimating dead bugs in Puerto Rico.
I think I found it:

tSTHOqO6A7Q
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Climate change. Is there anything that it is not responsible for?

There may be an decrease in the insect population.

However, insects first evolved about 412 million years ago. And have not only survived, but thrived, over much hotter and much cooler eras than the temperate one we are fortunate to be currently enjoying.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote:

Climate change. Is there anything that it is not responsible for?

There may be an decrease in the insect population.
Said no one that ever went to the wilderness in Canada in the summer. :D
However, insects first evolved about 412 million years ago. And have not only survived, but thrived, over much hotter and much cooler eras than the temperate one we are fortunate to be currently enjoying.

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

What about all the insects that eat other insects? Not to mention birds, bears, bats, frogs, anteaters, skunks, etc.

Has anyone confronted them? What is their role in this crises?

We don't put up with people eating other people, nor do we let cows eat other cows!

time for an intervention?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

How do you get to work?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Regarding all those atoll island nations that should have been underwater by now:

WIRES Climate Change | A global assessment of atoll island planform changes over the past decades
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nothing as dangerous to human prosperity as self-appointed altruists.

Modern Ghana | NGOs Are Causing Africa’s Agriculture To Stagnate

Criminal.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Colonel Sun wrote:Regarding all those atoll island nations that should have been underwater by now:

WIRES Climate Change | A global assessment of atoll island planform changes over the past decades
This would be appear to be a checkmate against MMGW.

2v8TN7EgqU4
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Colonel Sun wrote:Regarding all those atoll island nations that should have been underwater by now:

This would be appear to be a checkmate against MMGW.

2v8TN7EgqU4
The last sentence was revealing. "One of the challenges of this issue it taking what the scientists say and turning it into something believable....."

On Thursday, a friend commented on the apparently short fall we are having, and sarcastically said to a larger audience "But scientists who warn of climate change are wrong aren't they?"

I laughed and said that I've seen 20 degrees of change per day, 80 degrees per each year, and 5 degrees of instantaneous climate change over a distance of 20 feet during my life. Then issued my famous challenge of asking them to get an accurate thermometer and try to measure the temperature of one room in their house to a tenth of a degree.

As always, they respond with the dead fish look.
Last edited by Simple Minded on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Colonel Sun wrote:Nothing as dangerous to human prosperity as self-appointed altruists.

Criminal.
Modern colonizers
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Colonel Sun wrote:Nothing as dangerous to human prosperity as self-appointed altruists.

Criminal.
Modern colonizers
I remember years ago a video of an African doctor who ran a small hospital. He needed electricity but the complaint was the Europeans were refusing to help finance one because of global warming. They only agreed to solar power. The hospital was given a solar installation that could power the medicine refrigerator or a light bulb. But not both.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Ammianus

Post by Ammianus »

Just as climate change scientists predicted, the effects on California has been devastating in the past decade, with yearly fire storms getting ever more numerous, stronger, and more blood thirsty for human property and lives:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

10-15 years ago, one of the key, eminently falsifiable, predictions by the climate change "theory" is that Californian firestorms will be worse and more frequent in the coming decades. This has been proven correct, much to the dismay of the ever dwindling climate change "skeptic" community.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Ammianus wrote:Just as climate change scientists predicted, the effects on California has been devastating in the past decade, with yearly fire storms getting ever more numerous, stronger, and more blood thirsty for human property and lives:

10-15 years ago, one of the key, eminently falsifiable, predictions by the climate change "theory" is that Californian firestorms will be worse and more frequent in the coming decades. This has been proven correct, much to the dismay of the ever dwindling climate change "skeptic" community.
So why haven't the "smart people" who believe in "Climate Change" moved out of California? My very basic knowledge of physics keeps me from building a house on train tracks.

Does Al Gore still own ocean front property?

Actions speak much louder than words. Where do you live Ammianus? Why do you live there? Is it a Climate Change proof location?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ammianus wrote:Just as climate change scientists predicted, the effects on California has been devastating in the past decade, with yearly fire storms getting ever more numerous, stronger, and more blood thirsty for human property and lives:

"Climate scientist" has become an oxymoron.

History of Californai wildfires

1/ The legacy of over enthusiastic fire suppression interfering with the natural cycle of fire and regeneration leading to a buildup of biomass for future megafires

2/ Calif govt encouraged construction of homes and towns in at-risk areas with no thought given to firebreaks

3/ Use of highly inflammable materials, with low ignition temperatures, in construction.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Finally, some smart people are willing to sit down and solve this problem!

https://ntknetwork.com/alexandria-ocasi ... is-office/
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Astrophysicist says it's going to get colder. Much colder.

M_yqIj38UmY
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

How do you get back and forth to work.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Astrophysicist says it's going to get colder. Much colder.

M_yqIj38UmY
interesting collection of "heretical viewpoints"

https://iceagenow.com
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... e-n2535949
'We Really Muffed The Error Margins': Global Warming Report Rendered Worthless After Scientists Point Out Flaw In Ocean-Warming Survey

[...] The paper, published October 31 in the scientific journal Nature, suggested ocean temperatures have risen roughly 60 percent higher than estimated by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). But, after errors in the authors’ methodology were identified, they realized their findings were roughly in line with those of the IPPC, after all.

The researchers’ alarming findings were uncritically reported by numerous mainstream-media outlets but Nic Lewis, a mathematician and popular critic of the consensus on man-made climate change, quickly identified errors.

[…]

Ralph Keeling, a climate scientist at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography who co-authored the paper, said he and his partner, Laure Resplandy of Princeton, quickly realized the implications of their mistake once Lewis pointed it out.

[…]

After correcting their mistake, Keeling said their research indicates oceans are warming only slightly faster than previously thought, not dramatically faster as they initially reported. Keeling said the miscalculation was made when they were calculating their margin of error, which had a larger range (10 to 70 percent) than they initially believed.

“Our error margins are too big now to really weigh in on the precise amount of warming that’s going on in the ocean,” Keeling said. “We really muffed the error margins.”