Climate change and other predictions of Imminent Doom

Advances in the investigation of the physical universe we live in.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Climate and the Anthropogenic Global Warming Controversy

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Lo7uA2ZN93A
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Remember the California electricity shortages?

I saw a guy in California on national TV saying there was no way he would go without Christmas lights on his house. The Politicians and people of California have so mis-managed their affairs that many have moved to Oregon. Displacing the native population there due their ability to pay more for homes than the locals.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

How Many People Will Have To Migrate Out Of California When All The Water Disappears?
by Michael Snyder,

The drought in California is getting a lot worse. As you read this, snowpack levels in the Sierra Nevada mountains are the lowest that have ever been recorded. That means that there won’t be much water for California farmers and California cities once again this year. To make up the difference in recent years, water has been pumped out of the ground like crazy. In fact, California has been losing more than 12 million acre-feet of groundwater a year since 2011, and wells all over the state are going dry. Once the groundwater is all gone, what are people going to do?

100 years ago, the population of the state of California was 3 million, and during the 20th century we built lots of beautiful new cities in an area that was previously a desert. Scientists tell us that the 20th century was the wettest century in 1000 years for that area of the country, but now weather patterns are reverting back to normal. Today, the state of California is turning back into a desert but it now has a population of 38 million people. This is not sustainable in the long-term. So when the water runs out, where are they going to go?

(...)

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... disappears
I heard Canada has lot of water...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
How Many People Will Have To Migrate Out Of California When All The Water Disappears?
by Michael Snyder,

The drought in California is getting a lot worse. As you read this, snowpack levels in the Sierra Nevada mountains are the lowest that have ever been recorded. That means that there won’t be much water for California farmers and California cities once again this year. To make up the difference in recent years, water has been pumped out of the ground like crazy. In fact, California has been losing more than 12 million acre-feet of groundwater a year since 2011, and wells all over the state are going dry. Once the groundwater is all gone, what are people going to do?

100 years ago, the population of the state of California was 3 million, and during the 20th century we built lots of beautiful new cities in an area that was previously a desert. Scientists tell us that the 20th century was the wettest century in 1000 years for that area of the country, but now weather patterns are reverting back to normal. Today, the state of California is turning back into a desert but it now has a population of 38 million people. This is not sustainable in the long-term. So when the water runs out, where are they going to go?

(...)

Yes Canada would be an excellent choice for them. Lots of water Lots of polar bears to hug. The only question is how to convince the bigoted people of CA Nada to let them in.

:lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Freeman Dyson on CO2 and Climate.
The world is going greener.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
HAL 10000

Post by HAL 10000 »

Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
by Michael Snyder,

(...)

Yes Canada would be an excellent choice for them. Lots of water Lots of polar bears to hug. The only question is how to convince the bigoted people of CA Nada to let them in.

According to the Wikipedia article below, as of 2014, desalination of 1 cubic meter of sea water costs only 40 U.S. cents.
Separately, the same article also reports that if all domestic water consumption in the US were from water desalination, the required electricity requirements can be met by expanding the power grid by only 10 %, which is not difficult if we add more reactors. Newer reactors are much safer and their waste management is better.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination
The name HAL is derived from "Heuristically Programmed ALgorithmic Computer." HAL 10000 is the new generation computer destined to become the successor to HAL 9000, as suggested in Arthur C. Clarke's book.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

HAL 10000 wrote:
Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
by Michael Snyder,

(...)

According to the Wikipedia article below, as of 2014, desalination of 1 cubic meter of sea water costs only 40 U.S. cents.
Separately, the same article also reports that if all domestic water consumption in the US were from water desalination, the required electricity requirements can be met by expanding the power grid by only 10 %, which is not difficult if we add more reactors. Newer reactors are much safer and their waste management is better.
I have long believed that would be the answer to fresh water shortage. But I have a question: would brine disposal be a problem?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Endovelico wrote:
HAL 10000 wrote:
Doc wrote:
Endovelico wrote:
by Michael Snyder,

(...)

I have long believed that would be the answer to fresh water shortage. But I have a question: would brine disposal be a problem?
In the US Water is relatively cheap especially in California since the Fed government subsidies it. The expensive part is waste water treatment. My sewage bills are bigger than the water bill The sewage bill being based on water consumption. 40 cents for 264 gallons of water is cheap but the federal government would not subsidize it. Sea salt is considered to be a higher grade of salt BTW. Supposedly healthier according to some.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Flow chart of the scientific method of "Global Warming Alarmism" science (as far as I can tell)

Can anyone think of any improvements to it?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reprocess the raw measured observational data until it conforms to expectations.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

"Man made climate change" is the canonical "1st world problem".

The rest of the planet could not care less

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/15/busin ... pment.html

and is voting with it's feet.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:"Man made climate change" is the canonical "1st world problem".

People who don't live in the first world, aren't loaded with guilt and self-loathing? :shock: Why not? :(

What religion do they practice? :?

It seems when humans start to realize that they do not live up to the ideals they imagine, the solution often requires the reformation of others.
Yukon Cornelius

Catch the Frack Up...

Post by Yukon Cornelius »

Doc

Re: Catch the Frack Up...

Post by Doc »

Yukon Cornelius wrote:Follow up to the Dyson interview...

Dr. Ken Green: "Deeply Skeptical of current climate models."
Most excellent Thanks for posting it
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:"Man made climate change" is the canonical "1st world problem".

People who don't live in the first world, aren't loaded with guilt and self-loathing? :shock: Why not? :(

What religion do they practice? :?

It seems when humans start to realize that they do not live up to the ideals they imagine, the solution often requires the reformation of others.
It would be more than a little ironic if US financial hegemony was undone by the insistence of US and their international banks organizations that all development be filtered through the imaginary prism of man-made climate change.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Maybe all the aluminum in the chemtrails is acting as an anti-perspirant ;)
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
It would be more than a little ironic if US financial hegemony was undone by the insistence of US and their international banks organizations that all development be filtered through the imaginary prism of man-made climate change.
Belief in AGW leading to self flagellation is another religious analogy!

The sins of the fathers will be re-visited upon their suns (I mean the comic kind, not the Japanese kind!) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY
Last edited by Simple Minded on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Maybe all the aluminum in the chemtrails is acting as an anti-perspirant ;)
C'mon Nonc. :roll:

Everyone with half a brain, realizes it is the Bilderbergers terra forming the planet for the benefit of the Reptilians. :o

The theory that the Russians are controlling the weather is just NATO/UN/EU propaganda to justify their aggression..... ;)
Last edited by Simple Minded on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Wots a Bilderburger? There are no megarich reptillians controlling finance, mate!

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:Wots a Bilderburger? There are no megarich reptillians controlling finance, mate!

Nonc,

You are too trusting.

That is obviously a Joo dressed up in a reptilian costume to convince people that the Bilderbergs running everything is a myth.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Says Mr Green: "computer models never predicted an 18 year temperature pause"

Yes. Except that...

... There is no such thing as a "18 year temperature pause"...

Gone back to sleep. Nothing new about man-made climate heating... as usual.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Alexis wrote:

Yes. Except that...

It is wakie time Alexis !!! Wake up !!

Frère Alexis, Frère Alexis,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
le climat ne change pas, le climat ne change pas
Ding ding dong, ding ding dong.

There indeed has been a halt in temperature rises. Even global warming alarmists have been alarmed about lack of Global Warming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... uotes.html
From: Kevin Trenberth (US National Center for Atmospheric Research). To: Michael Mann. Oct 12, 2009
"The fact is that we can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't... Our observing system is inadequate"

Prof Trenberth appears to accept a key argument of global warming sceptics - that there is no evidence temperatures have increased over the past 10 years.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Alexis wrote:

Yes. Except that...

Oh?

Even a journal as biased as Nature discusses the ‘global-warming hiatus’:

http://www.nature.com/news/climate-chan ... at-1.14525