Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Typhoon

Re: Guns in the USA | Shooting the news

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:This is going to be a tough one for liberals. How do you call for gun control when you already have it.
Apparently there's a new fangled contraption called an automobile.

People buy guns in no-check states and take them for a drive.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

There is no such thing as a no check state. And we have a whole Federal Department dedicated to stop illegal gun transport from state to state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_of ... Explosives

Looks like gun control doesn't work.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Looks like it's finally time for the MSM to stop covering these crimes as they do 99.99% of murder. Can't afford copycats.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Oops. Looks like gun murder has been dropping as gun freedoms have increased. Ooops. Facts hurt.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... study-says
Since 1993, the United States has seen a drop in the rate of homicides and other violence involving guns, according to two new studies released Tuesday. Using government data, analysts saw a steep drop for violence in the 1990s, they saw more modest drops in crime rates since 2000.

"Firearm-related homicides dropped from 18,253 homicides in 1993 to 11,101 in 2011," according to a report by the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics, "and nonfatal firearm crimes dropped from 1.5 million victimizations in 1993 to 467,300 in 2011.

There were seven gun homicides per 100,000 people in 1993, the Pew Research Center study says, which dropped to 3.6 gun deaths in 2010. The study relied in part on data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49 percent lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation's population grew," according to the Pew study. "The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75 percent lower in 2011 than in 1993."

All of that is good news — but many Americans don't seem to be aware of it.
Imagine that. Why would that be.

Statistics vs anecdotes. The intellectual Achilles heel of so so many.
noddy

Post by noddy »

atleast it wasnt a middle class muslim man and his wife, that would make for awkard narratives.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote:atleast it wasnt a middle class muslim man and his wife, that would make for awkard narratives.
Given that it was I take it you are being sarcastic. The wife was an immigrant from the ME. Apparently pregnant with someone else's baby when she met the guy. (they only met face to face last spring according to the news reports)
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

Doc wrote:
noddy wrote:atleast it wasnt a middle class muslim man and his wife, that would make for awkard narratives.
Given that it was I take it you are being sarcastic. The wife was an immigrant from the ME. Apparently pregnant with someone else's baby when she met the guy. (they only met face to face last spring according to the news reports)
jaded or sarcastic, sometimes they blur a bit.

saudi arabia strikes again.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mass insanity or false flags or gen-u-wine t word stuff?
Last edited by Simple Minded on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Actually, they're kinda white, and definitely right wing, just not Christian publicans..... :(

but hey, 1.5 outa 3 ain't bad, rite?

No worries mate! We got that covered already.

The MSM has imposed a blackout on this recent mass shooting: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... sus_1.html

"All the news that fits (the narrative), we print."

if it was not for the alternative media, I would not have heard of it.

Looks like me motto(es) might need mendin.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:This is going to be a tough one for liberals. How do you call for gun control when you already have it.

:? So, yer saying, guns don't kill people, but people with automobiles AND guns kill people? :P
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Simple Minded wrote:Quantitative Evaluation of local cultures:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pELwCqz2J ... oplay=true

Not too hard to understand why some areas are gun-phobic and others aren't.

Hint: The locals are crazy!
OK! None of all y'all figured this out the last time I posted it, so let me..... simplify it fer ya!

Why would a politician in jurisdiction X be in favor of gun control?

Cause he knows the people who voted for him/her are a bunch of nutjobs!
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

:? So, yer saying, guns don't kill people, but people with automobiles AND guns kill people? :P
Or people with guns and public transit, people with guns and bicyles, people with guns and feet, people with guns and a courier service . . . ;)

Guns used in California shooting bought legally, strong enough to pierce protective vests
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Or people with guns and public transit, people with guns and bicyles, people with guns and feet, people with guns and a courier service . . . ;)
If public transit, bicycles, feet, and courier services are outlawed, only outlaws with have public transit, bicycles, feet, and courier services! ;) :P
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Oops. Looks like gun murder has been dropping as gun freedoms have increased. Ooops. Facts hurt.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... study-says
Since 1993, the United States has seen a drop in the rate of homicides and other violence involving guns, according to two new studies released Tuesday. Using government data, analysts saw a steep drop for violence in the 1990s, they saw more modest drops in crime rates since 2000.

"Firearm-related homicides dropped from 18,253 homicides in 1993 to 11,101 in 2011," according to a report by the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics, "and nonfatal firearm crimes dropped from 1.5 million victimizations in 1993 to 467,300 in 2011.

There were seven gun homicides per 100,000 people in 1993, the Pew Research Center study says, which dropped to 3.6 gun deaths in 2010. The study relied in part on data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49 percent lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation's population grew," according to the Pew study. "The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75 percent lower in 2011 than in 1993."

All of that is good news — but many Americans don't seem to be aware of it.
Imagine that. Why would that be.

Statistics vs anecdotes. The intellectual Achilles heel of so so many.
Actually the real Achilles heel is not understanding statistics: such as misattribution of causation to correlation in observational studies with many confounding factors ;)
Nastarana

Post by Nastarana »

Maybe now, after this latest mass shooting in San Bernardino, we can ditch the narrative that these crimes are committed by lonely, depressed members of the lower classes.

This shooter was, wait for it, "a qualified professional", along with equally privileged spouse. Guess those two "acknowledged their privilege" by purchase of expensive weapons and SUVs.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Some reports claim that these killers were wearing body amour.

A civilian purchasing body armour does not raise a red flag?
Yukon Cornelius

Post by Yukon Cornelius »

It's time to take common sense steps to prevent pipe bombs from falling into the wrong hands.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Welcome Back. Yukon!

Post by monster_gardener »

Yukon Cornelius wrote:It's time to take common sense steps to prevent pipe bombs from falling into the wrong hands.
Thank You Very Much for your post, Yukon Cornelius

Welcome Back!
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

twMN3Pt_A9g

A Maryland Cop Placed A Gun To A Man's Head Over An Illegal Parked Car

A Prince George’s County, Maryland cop who held a gun to a man’s head to impress his friends was convicted of first-degree assault and misconduct in office on Wednesday

noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
Actually, they're kinda white, and definitely right wing, just not Christian publicans..... :(

but hey, 1.5 outa 3 ain't bad, rite?

No worries mate! We got that covered already.

The MSM has imposed a blackout on this recent mass shooting: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... sus_1.html

"All the news that fits (the narrative), we print."

if it was not for the alternative media, I would not have heard of it.

Looks like me motto(es) might need mendin.
that one never did make the papers over here either, interesting.

i fully expect whites to become more arab like, its something i mentioned ages ago on the spengler forum, that bitter 'post relevancy' thing that failing civilizations get when they blame everything but themselves.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote: A civilian purchasing body armour does not raise a red flag?
you can buy armoured toothbrushes.

http://www.tacticaltoiletries.com/

how else you gonna survive the zombiepocalypeses, get wit da program :)
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

noddy wrote:

I love the smell of toothpaste in the morning.
:lol:
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:.

i fully expect whites to become more arab like, its something i mentioned ages ago on the spengler forum, that bitter 'post relevancy' thing that failing civilizations get when they blame everything but themselves.
I'm kinda lookin forward to that era. It will be a refreshing change to not have to try to tell the "bitter clingers" apart from the "bitter changers," both of whom put a huge amount of effort into blaming each other for their own problems........ kinda like an old married couple.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:

does the navy version float if you accidently drop it in the water?

shouldn't the guy with camo face paint be using camo tooth paste/paint?
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »